Popular Posts

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Scifi Movie Night

Splice Original Movie Poster Adrien Brody Sarah PolleyI spent the evening watching scifi movies with my big brother Crash. We had Splice and some 80's flick called Arena lined up. Adrian Brody's the reason I watched Splice and he is the only reason to watch it, let me assure you. It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen but it certainly wasn't the best either. I had heard it was bad, truthfully that was why I watched it, but I was still unprepared. I generally like the movies that are labeled "terrible", they might not be good but they're usually interesting. Splice was not. Snoozefest. It's like a really dry soap opera with genetic splicing thrown in. All the real action takes place in the last 10 minutes. Arena is an 80's scifi movie at it's best.... or worst depending on how you look at it. It has plenty of rubber monsters to enjoy. It's like the background aliens in Star Wars meet the American Gladiators. It's totally ridiculous but it's pretty funny. I'm not sure if it's intended to be funny but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment