Popular Posts

Saturday, August 27, 2011

K-Dramas, Who Knew?

Lee Min Ho (From Boys over flower)(2DVD Digipak Set)I've just reached a new level of boredom. And because of this, I've discovered a new love. Korean dramas. They combine three of my favorite things: melodrama, hot Asian men, and reading! (Subtitles! They kinda make the shows seem interactive.) (Ok. Not really. But I hate when people complain about subtitles.) It seems that most of the best K-dramas are based on manga and/or anime. (Which gives me an excuse to read more manga and watch more anime!) (Wait. Why is that an excuse? Uh... That's beside the point.) By far the best I've seen (so far) is Boys Over Flowers . Yes. The name is dumb. And honestly I have no idea how it relates to the storyline but nonetheless the show is epic. It's the usual story: Girl meets Boy, then Girl meets Other Boy, hates him on sight and later kicks him in the head, thus making Other Boy fall madly in love with Girl. Yeah, ya know, the usual. If you're like me, you'll be hooked. (Btw I <3 you Lee Min Ho!)
I also highly recommend Mischievous Kiss (ok, yes again the title is kinda dumb. But the show is totally cute. And as an added bonus one of the main actors from BOF, Kim Hyun Joong, stars.) and My Princess  (which was really cute too. It's kind of reminiscent of The Princess Diaries but without the Disney overtones.) I'm gonna bet because of my over use of  "cute" I've probably turned a lot of guys away. Sorry dudes but I feel like these shows are aimed at the ladies.
I feel I should warn you about the side effects of watching any of these dramas. Its developing a penchant for randomly busting out with some K-Pop. (Namely SS501. I blame Kim Hyun Joong for that. Not only is he seemingly in every cute K-drama, he's in a damn boyband. The man is off the charts in fangirl acquisition.) Anyway the next show on my list is City Hunter (also starring Lee Min Ho!) which is apparently more of an action then drama. So Yay for violence!

No comments:

Post a Comment